Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Thror, Last King Under the Mountain

Good morning, here are some pictures of my newly painted Thror model. Thror is one of my favorite models from the Hobbit range, and I've wanted to get him for a while now, so it is nice to see him assembled and painted. Now I just need to acquire Thrain and Thorin too... I'm pretty happy with how he turned out, and I think he is one of my better pieces so far.










The skin is Dwarf Flesh, while the hair and beard are Fortress Grey with Skull White highlights. The cloak is Charadon Granite with Codex Grey highlights. The ornamentations (crown, etc) are Shining Gold. The armor is Burnished Gold and the cloth and shield panels are Dark Flesh. The chainmail, is well, Chainmail. The sword is Burnished Gold with Chainmail edges. The decoration on the beard is Tin Bitz with Shining Gold spots. The armor received a wash of Gryphonne Sepia and then received a light highlight of Burnished Gold. The base is the usual Stirland Mud with Bestial Brown brushed onto it and a pinch of static grass. I think he turned out really well, as a great King should :) Hopefully his performance on the battlefield will measure up as well.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, he was fun to paint and really didn't take that long. Not sure what it is, but I usually enjoy painting "good" models more than "evil" ones. I think it helped too, that I like this model quite a bit :)

      Delete