Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Terrain Project: Hill Ruin part 2

Base coated the hill and rubble pile with a regular brown acrylic paint. Put some tape to mark where the ruin pieces are going.



Glued the ruin pieces to the hill top, and painted the rubble pile with the same paint scheme as the ruins (Adeptus Battlegrey, Codex Grey over brush and Space Wolves Grey dry brush). The turf on the hill is from an aborted attempt to cover the hill. I sprayed the hill with Scenic Cement, then shook the fine turf onto the hill. I let it dry for several hours, but except in the spots you can see, it didn't actually adhere to the hill. My Scenic Cement is fairly old, so maybe it is just going bad or perhaps I did it wrong somehow. My plan is to try and thin some white glue slightly, and just paint it onto the hill, and then reapply the turf.



No comments:

Post a Comment