Sunday, March 30, 2014


Having received word that I will be facing an Ent as part of my opponents army in the morning, I set out to get my ent painted. Overall I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I used this as a general guideline on the process to use. I'm not terribly impressed with the leaves, but they aren't too bad (I think, anyway). And thanks go out to Lorderkenbrand for the nice guide.

The ent started off with the usual black basecoat. From there, a heavy drybrush of Bestial Brown was applied to the entire model (including base). Next, the entire model received a Devlan Mud wash. Following that, a slightly lighter drybrush of Bestial Brown. Next came a light drybrush of Graveyard Earth. The fungus on his right leg was painted Fortress Grey, with Skull White highlights. The leaves were painted Dark Angels Green, with a Camo Green highlight. I think if I were to do it again, I would use a Snot Green highlight, as I used that on my Mirror of Galadriel, and I think I like that result a bit better. The base was painted with PVA, and then Woodland Scenics Ballast was poured on. After that had dried for a while, I glued a couple of tufts of Woodlands Sceneics Clump Foliage to the base. Rather difficult to see in the pictures, but the eyes are painted Dark Angels Green with a Camo Green pupil. Was fun to paint, and really didn't take that long. Hope you enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment