Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Minions of the Necromancer

Here are some models I recently finished, four Castellans of Dol Guldor, and four Giant Spiders. Hope you enjoy :)

The Castellan's armor is painted Leadbelcher (my Boltgun Metal finally ran out) with a Thraka Green wash, the cloaks are Orkhide Shade with a Snot Green highlight and the swords are Chainmail with a Devlan Mud wash. The Morgul Knives are also Chainmail, but with a Thraka Green wash. I like the green effect on the armor, I think it makes them look a little more "eerie" or maybe a little more "ethereal". Or something.



























Here are the spiders, wanted to give them a bit of variety and didn't want to paint them all the same. The left spider is a heavy drybrush with Scorched Brown with a Bestial Brown highlight. The spiders eyes are all painted Tin Bitz. I wanted them to be dark, but have a bit of "glitter" to them, so thought I would give this a try. The top spider is just the primer basecoat with Adeptus Battlegrey highlights. The right one is the basecoat with a more pronounced Codex Grey highlight. The bottom one is probably my favorite, and is the basecoat with a Catachan Green dry brush and some Camo Green highlights.

6 comments:

  1. The Castellans look really good and the spiders look fantastic! Really like the colours you've used, I may have to borrow them ;) By the way I've nominated your blog for the Liebster award: http://chrisgomhobbyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/liebster-award-pleasant-surprise.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, and feel free to borrow away :)

      Delete
  2. Nice job, just found your blog, following...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those spiders are super creepy, and I love the color scheme on the castellans.

    I just started following your blog. really enjoying reading your old batreps!

    if you're interested, you can check out our LOTR blog at http://tellmeatalegreatorsmall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good and thanks, I think I'll check it out :)

      Delete