Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Siege Tower

I apologize for the lack of posts lately, been pretty busy with various and sundry other things. Built a siege tower about a week or so ago, nothing real special, but if we fight another siege, it ought to come in handy. Used a sheet of balsa wood, some wood dowel and wire. No pictures yet, will see if I can get some up soon. What I may try to do is see if I can find some popsicle sticks that I can cut the rounded ends off and glue them to the sides to give a more "plank" construction look, rather than just a flat side sheet of balsa. It might make it a bit more sturdy too. I did make a set of four "wheels", though they are glued directly to the bottom and are static. I was trying to think of a way to make them able to actually roll, but I wasn't sure of how to do that with what I had on hand. I was able to make the drawbridge of the tower moveable. I glued a small sheet of balsa to a length of 1/8" dowel that was set in some wire brackets that I made. It might be nice to try and make a pulley/draw system, but not quite sure how I would do that and have it look and work nicely.

As promised (albeit long delayed) here are some pictures of the tower in its current state:






No comments:

Post a Comment