Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Anarion Conversion

Continuing on my Numenor theme, I wanted to try using a Guard of the Fountain Court as the basis for a Numenorean Captain conversion, as they seemed to have some similarities in their armour and whatnot to Elendil. In any event, I thought it might be fun to create an Anarion model to use with either a house profile, or as a more elaborate Captain of Numenor. As many of you are probably aware, Anarion was the brother of Isildur, younger son of Elendil. He was co-ruler of Gondor alongside Isildur and fought in the War of the Last Alliance, though he was killed during the siege of Barad-dur. He doesn't seem to get much attention (I don't think that he is mentioned in the movies at all) so I figured I would give it a shot. Anyway, here he is. Hope you enjoy :)



























I wanted him to be similar to my Elendil and Isildur models so that they would be visually related, but I also did not want to use the exact color scheme and make him to similar. I painted the cloak Charadon Granite to match Elendil's, but painted the overshirt (?) Regal Blue, and the under shirt Enchanted Blue. The head was an extra Isildur head I had from my previous Captain of Numenor attempt, and the sword and shield are from a plastic Warrior of Numenor. It's a bit of a defensive pose (seems like most Captains or heroes have slightly more dramatic poses) but I like it. To me he looks like he is holding his shield close to guard while he is ready to counter-attack with his sword.


1 comment:

  1. awesome my friend , simply awesome!

    DMS
    www.thedeadmarshes.com

    ReplyDelete